About Our Parish

History Early Catholic settlers arrived from Luxembourg and Germany. Among their highest priorities was to have a church. A small school-church somewhat east of the present building served for a short time before 1864, when a log structure was built. Father Hugo Praesser took charge of building the present church. The cornerstone was laid in May, 1883 and services were held in the new church for the first time, January 1, 1884. Two bells were hung in 1892. They were called the Mother of God bell and St. Joseph bell. A third bell, St. John the Baptist, was hung later.

The church was most recently painted in 1992, a new roof was put on the same year. New pews, replacing those of 1927, were installed in 1997 and later on a church hall built in front of the structure.


The mission of St. Mary Parish (Immaculate Conception Church) in Luxemburg is to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ through the celebration of the Mass and Sacraments, through teaching both in Catholic school and Parish classes. We will promote unity within the community and cooperate to make decisions in the best interest of the members of the St. Mary Parish. We keep compassion in our hearts for fellow parish member and others in our community. We look forward in hope to eternal life with Christ Jesus.

 

Back